Currently I am in the Postdoctoral Leadership Program at EMD Serono Research & Development Institute, working in the Digital Drug Design group. My research focus is on identifying guidelines for antibody prioritization by using statistical modeling and machine learning. I am also involved in several projects with other departments. More details can be found in my CV.
In 2017 I completed my PhD at the Department of Systems Biology at Columbia University. My dissertation research focused on developing statistical tools and mathematical models to profile the T cell receptor (TCR) immune repertoire. I've analyzed data from high throughput sequencing of the CDR3 region on the TCR to characterize repertoire diversity and inter-tissue divergence, and to develop a general mathematical framework for describing TCR populations. I have worked on projects looking at:
- The distribution and maintenance of naïve T cells in lymph nodes,
- Diversity and divergence of T cell repertoires associated with glioma diagnosis and,
- The size and diversity of the human alloresponse.
- Quantifying size and diversity of the human T cell alloresponse. Susan DeWolf*, Boris Grinshpun*, Thomas Savage, Sai Ping Lau, Aleksandar Obradovic, Brittany Shonts, Suxiao Yang, Heather Morris, Julien Zuber, Robert Winchester, Megan Sykes, Yufeng Shen JCI Insight (2018)
- Long-term maintenance of human naïve T cells through in situ homeostasis in lymphoid tissue sites. Joseph J.C. Thome*, Boris Grinshpun*, Brahma V. Kumar, Masaru Kubota, Yoshiaki Ohmura, Harvey Lerner, Gregory D. Sempowski, Yufeng Shen, Donna L. Farber Science Immunology (2016)
- Diversity and divergence of the glioma-infiltrating T-cell receptor repertoire. Jennifer Sims, Boris Grinshpun, Yaping Feng, Timothy H. Ung, Justin A. Niera, Jorge L. Samanamud, Peter Canoll, Jeffrey N. Bruce, Peter Sims, Yufeng Shen PNAS (2016)
- Spatial map of human T cell compartmentalization and maintenance over decades of life. Joseph J.C. Thome, Naomi Yudanin, Yoshiaki Ohmura, Masaru Kubota, Boris Grinshpun, Taheri Sathaliyawala, Tomoaki Kato, Harvey Lerner, Yufeng Shen, Donna L. Farber Cell (2014)
- Analyzing T cell repertoire diversity by high-throughput sequencing. Boris Grinshpun, Jennifer Sims, Peter Canoll, Jeffrey N. Bruce, Peter Sims, Yufeng Shen GlobalSIP/IEEE Conference (2013)
- Statistical method for revealing form-function relations in biological networks. Andrew Mugler, Boris Grinshpun, Riley Franks, Chris H. Wiggins PNAS (2010)